Pages

Thursday 9 August 2007

Projects coming out of my ears

Seeing as I primarily started this blog to try to keep track of my projects I thought I should give an update on how I'm getting on...

I've had a couple of slow computer afternoons this week, so have managed to finish David's not grey socks..... he seems pleased with them, and they just about match. Here he is reading Steve Waugh's autobiography and enjoying his new socks. He's usually pretty good at getting holes in his socks so I guess I'm going to have to become proficient at darning.....
My Konfekt jumper is also making progress... it still feels pretty slow, but then I guess I'm knitting it in the round so am knitting the front and back at the same time. Another 9cm and then I'm up to the armholes.(Not that I've done any more on it for a couple of months, but) I joined a flickr group called "kaffe fassett inspired creations" and put a picture of my quilt on it - I've had a few nice comments about it which is very satisfying. Hopefully I'll have some time soon to do a few more squares.

And of course I'm having thoughts about the next projects (am I getting ahead of myself?).

My Mum and Dad brought this wool with them when they came to visit a couple of weeks ago - it's Jacob Wool produced quite locally to them at High Head Castle, Ivegill. The picture has washed the colour out quite a bit, but it's thick looking (it says on the label that it should be knit as a light Aran), soft and squishy feeling, and a nice natural looking (because it is) brown colour - definitely without the greyness of the photo. The plan is to make this cardigan... I haven't swatched or anything for it yet - but that's the plan at the moment.

I've also come across a pattern on the MagKnits website that I think I might think about knitting with the red Rowan Cotton Glace that I've had kicking around for a bit without a purpose. Again no swatching has taken place yet - but that's the plan.

I'm also hatching a plan for a pair of socks for my Mum, and also for doing some more sewing. I'm exhausted just thinking about all the things I want to do.

No comments: